Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fearless Freedom

Freedom is fearlessness.
Freedom is knowing when you're happy, when you're not,
Knowing when change is needed.
Having Confidence in your abilities,
Courage to implement change.

Freedom is being able to sing your own songs,
      and listening to the songs of others around you.

I can see what I once feared once upon a time.
I'm watching it float away in a breeze,
Flying, like a napkin in the wind
Over the lakes under the full moon,
Among the shooting stars and into the sun setting before me.

The loons call to me, welcoming me to this lake.
    You are meant to be here, now.
The Swans grace me with their presence.
    Slow down, all is well. Remember to be you.

When I drive in the direction of what I think I need,
I often find I fall upon what I feel I need,
Once I realize what it is that I really need.
People change their plans, change their minds,
Often, we must make the best of the moments with what we have.
In these times of improvisations,
I'm finding myself between a sunset and the full moon,
Smiling, Rejoicing this spontaneous moment.
I thought I'd rush to sleep, but the lake was calling me.
So I sang out to her, and graced the birds with my presence.

I am happy alone,
Happier among others,
Integrated with my surroundings,
Involved in community,
Able to take care.

I can do the splits in any situation,
Whether I'm among my kind or not,
I'm planting trees in a foreign land,
I'm smiling to my own darkness and light,
I'm the lady doing cartwheels in a field,
I am the young woman clowning at the festival, 
And finding my calm in a hot tub.
Still that Northern Lights Woman I have come to be,
Dancing in the dark, giving my light to guide you to yours.

I am fun.
I am peace.
I am free.

I feel beautiful.
Courage... 



No comments:

Post a Comment