Monday, April 27, 2015

Northern Lights Woman

March 5, 2015
It rained today, and, since all activities are based on outdoor activities in sunshine, this can prove to be a challenge in Hawaii unless you have indoor activities or you go on and rough it.
My conclusion today?  That fun comes from within...

I went to Baldwin beach with a new friend, met some new folks that differ from the people I often associate with.  At first I was a bit intimidated.  Then, after talking to a few people I still felt a bit guarded, but more comfortable.  Someone said they had a ukulele, I asked them to play and next I knew I was dancing and playing harmonica while a man played the ukulele and made up his own lyrics about making the best of things.
It wasn't just me, but I think I sparked it.  And so I felt that once again, I fell into that role I discovered as a young adult as the northern lights woman.  The one who dances in the dark.  I played and experienced wonder and brightness at a cold, bitter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment