Monday, April 27, 2015

Why Travel?

February 22
Why do I travel?
For me it's not a matter of where I go, but what I experience and what I come to know. 
Its a matter of integrating in new places so I learn new ways of life that I can incorporate into my own. 
For me, it's about embracing the beautiful nature that a place has to offer- in the land and the people. 
I'm learning about myself in the process of re adapting in new conditions. 
It doesn't matter in my life if I ever make it to every continent or if I visit all the places on my list of interests. It only matters that I learned what I could from every moment in life and that It all gave me a sustainable pleasure in life that I could carry everywhere I go.
So on this trip, I'm not eating out. I'm not buying souvenirs. I'm not paying to be guided on anything.
I'm just living in this beautiful place for as long as I can and instead of shopping, I'll put my time and efforts in connecting with people, nature and community.


I came to Hawaii thinking that it would be a time I would be taking purely for myself.
I had thought that I would be reading, writing and being at peace with myself.
At some point, however, I realized that my peace is in community.  When I am giving to something, then I can be at peace with myself. I've learned that it's in my nature to be part of community and I really just want to give back to the community wherever I go. Especially when she offers me such immense beauty in her own nature!

Hoping to show Maui community and land a Thank you with my hands because the spirit doesn't know words. It only knows actions and intentions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment