Monday, April 27, 2015

Straddling a palm tree

February 24
Today I sit here, with the sunset, straddling a palm tree, coconut in hand.  As the coconut falls, I consider hopping down to get it, but the palm tree, perfectly shaped to lie on, facing the sunset, is just too comfortable.
So I stay a while.  I take it in.  Mmmm.  This is the most satisfying evening activity yet....
The sun slowly takes cover and the skies lose their vibrancy.
So I hop off this tree, I kiss it, thank it and I take a seed.  It's a young coconut, filled with sweet nourishing liquid life.
I can't help but to just take it in.
It's so simple, but so satisfying.
In this moment, I am present.
 
I go back home and my mind wanders. I need to be away from concrete.  I crave wilderness and so I plan a trip to go where I can continuously feel this present feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment